Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Last Cottage Weekend

I spent this weekend with my dear friends I've known since grade school. Like the summer weekends before, we spent it out at "the Cottage" in, my so-called named regio, the Brightons. To make a long story short, it is a place of character, charm, friendship, and fun. I am so honored and blessed to have the friends I do, they threw me a fabulous goodbye party-weekend that included a visit to Hell...Michigan! I said goodbye to Veronica, the daughter of the owner of the Cottage, she lives up north. I will be saying a final goodbye to other friends within the next week. But I know we will be at the Cottage again late next summer when I return. And isn't that the best part of saying goodbye? Counting down until seeing each other again.

I read a great quote at breakfast in the Coffee News newsletter,

"One thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve" ~Albert Schweitzer

It was a great end of a great weekend.

Peace,
Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment