Monday, August 5, 2013

Sunday

I would like to thank everyone I saw on Sunday. It was a jam-packed day full of friends and family and encouragement and inspiration.

It all started at Christ Church Cranbrook where I gave a presentation before church to some adults about YASC and the mission. After church, I met with some members of Christ Church. A special thank you to Beth Taylor for that morning!

Then it was off to the annual St. Luke's Church picnic. It was a bit cooler than it should be for August, so I didn't bother to bring swim trunks, which I should because, while going on the boat was fun, going on the inner tube would have been more fun. Unfortunately I had to say goodbye to Sandy, the choir director at St. Luke's who I sing under, and Chuck Tuffley and Ann Merry, a couple who have given me many words of advice and encouragement throughout this process. See you three next year!

Then it was a sprint to downtown Detroit where my aunt and uncle threw me a fundraiser at their friend's restaurant, WaLa (the corner of WAshington and LAfayette, get it? I didn't, I thought it was a corruption of Voila). Anyways, they invited many of their friends, my family, and some of my friends. The food was Haitian, with some cheese and crackers and other fruit. It also featured a local urban winery, by my uncle's niece and her husband. It was a huge success! My thanks and appreciation to Angela, WaLa's owner, and Lisa and Ken, the winery owners, it beyond words! And thank you to everyone who came out and supported me.

Needless to say, I was exhausted by the end of the day, but it was great. Thank you everyone!

Paix,
Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment