Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Home Stretch to Haiti

Well, here I am. In four days time, I will be in Haiti. Today, my church, St. Luke's Episcopal in Ferndale, Michigan, gave me a send-off service centered around service and mission work. Juan Perez, a fellow parishioner and seminary student, preached the sermon and reminded us all of our duty to mission in the way God calls us. He gave me a special shout-out right after, that was simply beautiful and unexpected. Thanks again, Juan! I was then blessed by our rector, Clare, and by my fellow Christians with their arms stretched out, and sent me off. Coffee hour was then spent talking and saying my goodbyes to my family at St. Luke's. I am so happy and blessed to be a part of such a loving and supportive community there. Bye, St. Luke's!



St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Ferndale, Mich. Ain't she purrty?

No comments:

Post a Comment