Sunday, June 9, 2013

Well today is my birthday. I am now 24 years old. I was finally back home at St. Luke's today, my home parish. And it truly was home, felt so present and knew I was where I should be. Unfortunately it was a bit of a layover as I'll be leaving for Stony Point, NY next Sunday for two weeks. This is for orientation and training for the 2013-2014 YASC class. I have no idea what to expect but I'm excited to see all of my YASC friends.

Fundraising is going great! I scoffed when we were told that it adds up fast but it truly does. The thermometer is current to what I have been collecting and told. Remember all the funds are being handled by St. Luke's as I can have little contact with the account. However I do receive information on who has given and how much has been raised.

It is never too late to support the mission. Any amount is appreciated. If you know me personally (and not from St. Luke's) you can give money or checks to me. If you don't know me personally or we have little day-to-day interaction and would like to give, you can mail checks to:

St. Luke's Episcopal Church
540 W. Lewiston Ave.
Ferndale, MI 48220

Checks to be made out to "St. Luke's Episcopal Church" and memo'd as "Zachary Baker-YASC Fund". 

I can also give you forms that you can send to the mission office New York as they also have an account for me (that one will eventually be the "official" one).

As you might have guessed now, on-line fundraising is not much a possibility. A personal PayPal account is considered "personal income" and therefore taxable. St. Luke's does not have a PayPal account either. But this is all good because with the way I'm going I don't think it's much needed anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment