Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I have been told that I shall be the first native Michigander going on mission through the Young Adult Service Corps. There have been 2 previous YASCers out of our diocese but both were not native Michiganders. Where I am come, Metro Detroit and Michigan, there is an odd paradox and being proud being from here and disdain sometimes in being from here. I cannot say I don't hold this paradox. Sometimes the breathtaking scenery of Up North, the waterfront of the Detroit River, and excitement of our sports teams (GO TIGERS!) makes me immensely proud. And other times the complete ignorance of some of my fellow Metro Detroiters makes me dumbfounded as to why God placed me here. But here we are. I will be the first native Michigander serving in YASC and I shall proudly wear that badge upon my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment