Sunday, May 19, 2013

Greetings to all who read this,
For the next two Sundays I am blessed to be on my way to two great parishes. St. Paul's-Brighton, Mich. will be hosting me on Sunday May 26th and All Saints-East Lansing, Mich. will be hosting me on Sunday June 2nd. I am eager to talk about our mission and meet and greet with the congregants.

On a point of procedure, online giving is still not up, I know. It's driving me crazy but I am getting clarification so please bear with me. If you wish please mail checks to:

St. Luke's Episcopal Church 
540 W. Lewiston Ave.
Ferndale, MI 48220

Make it payable to "St. Luke's Episcopal Church" (they are handling my fund) and put "Zach Baker-YASC" in the memo line so it is directed to my fund.

A dear friend of mine at church requested to update more regularly. I will do my best.

Some other thoughts...

On June 16, I will be leaving for Stoney Point, NY for two weeks for orientation and mission training. I am very excited to see my fellow YASC friends.

This past Thursday I got to Skype with Ashley Bingaman who is the current YASCer in Haiti. She reassured me of a lot of things and even corrected my pronunciation of Les Cayes, "luh kai" NOT "lay kay".

Yesterday I completed my Safeguarding God's Children and People for the mission, I was blessed to meet people who were excited for me and wished me well and were going to support me. Thank you!

Your servant in Christ,
Zach Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment